There is a madness that creeps up on a man from time to time.
I can’t speak for others but mine resembles an affluent looking man from the 1860’s.
A tall black hat on his head.
A mustache bristling with charm on his upper lip.
Eyes that shine with a mischievous light and a quick smile that speaks of insanity.
It doesn’t take much for him to appear at my side.
That smile of his showering me in lunatic light.
His hand, firm yet friendly, outstretched towards me.
I take it every time.
All it can take is a word.
Spoken from soft lips. Wearing Whiskey flavored gloss.
All it can take is a look.
Seen through a spill of hair. Razor sharp with it‘s implication.
All it can take is a touch.
Light and electrifying. As fleeting as cigarette smoke.
And before I know it the red fog of his influence is upon me.
His madness.
My madness.
Our madness.
I embrace it.
Like a long time friend not seen in years.
Or like a lover pined for all night.
I let it crash over me and sweep me out to unseen horizons.
It is the truest thing I’ve ever known.
Friday, October 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment